A therapeutic bridge (Photo by Walter Skupien)
Ten of today’s blessings (Thursday, 4/10/2014):
- Catching up with walking buddy Ann;
- Making it to 0.7-mile marker on the Biloxi Bay Bridge pedestrian path;
- After-walk coffee, tea, conversation and laughter at Coffee Fusion with Ann and my husband Walter;
Bradley (Photo by Walter Skupien)
- Bradley, our excellent roofer and a fledgling author, stopping by to visit us at Coffee Fusion when he didn’t find us at home;
- Our big ole burgundy high-rise van that alerts Bradley (and other friends) of our whereabouts when they are inclined to make an impromptu visit;
- News that Bradley is pursuing his writing while continuing to do well with his carpentry and construction business;
- Re-admission to occupational neuro rehab therapy for another seven or eight sessions;
- Tales, laughter and tasty calories for dinner at McElroy’s Seafood Restaurant with Hubby’s siblings and their spouses; and
- The energy to enjoy the day’s events from good morning to good night!
Reasons to rejoice always surround me, but I don’t always acknowledge them. When in such an unreceptive condition, it takes a conscious choice to invest effort in recognizing and articulating blessings.
It never fails, though, that once I start the listing exercise, I become aware of more and more things to be happy about and thankful for.
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 ESV
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV